some gameplay :D
A downloadable game for Windows
Village 2 was university project. This game was created by 4 people in few months, so there may be some bugs. This is more like a prototype.
Main game objective is to reach certain score by building a village in limited time. You can get points by building stuff, gathering resources. Also you have side tasks which helps you to reach goal.
-Randomly generated map
-Villagers have their own mind and work on available jobs ( Gathering food, cutting wood, mining stone etc.)
-All world is stored in grid.
-Save function. Save the game with F5, and load previous save with F6. Works only in-game and not in main menu.
How to play:
You start in randomly generated world, so first you need to find place where to start your village by building castle. Then you need to start cutting trees, gather food, mine stone. Villagers use food to survive, so if there's no food, villagers start to leave their home. On top of the screen you can see time and score bars. If time bar is empty you loose. If score bar is full you win!
-Move camera with mouse, WASD keys.
-Rotate camera with Q and E keys.
-Select icons on the bottom left and build buildings with left mouse button.
-Fixed a bug that didn't let to place the main building after going to main menu and generating a new world.
-Fixed a bug that didn't update the grid when rock was completely mined, not allowing to place buildings in the same place.
-Save function: F5 to save, F6 to load.
Extract and play.
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
It is a fun game. Only thing I had problem with was the timer. I can understand decision behind it but I never liked having timer on a strategy oriented game.
can i have a version without time limit? i want to conquer every inch of map :D
The game looks fine. I played a few times before I got the point what should I do first to win it. The idea is also very nice and only small tweaking can be done (but it is not necessary). For most of the time I had wood shortage and buildable terrain shortage.
1. When you start the game second time, You can't place the castle second time. To workaround it you have to close the game (complete exit) and reboot it. Then it is normal.
2. Removed stones are only removed. The spot is not buildable area. And the stones don't respawn (haven't noticed any). So I don't know why I can't place a building on that spot.
3. Once I have noticed that I had some workers and some empty buildings but the workers didn't go to the buildings. I don't know how to reproduce that.
1. Possibility to destroy buildings. If you accidentally place a building, the worker goes there and you can't restore the place and worker.
2. Savegame is also a good idea, but not necessary (since the game is quite a short). But if you consider make another "levels"/"missions", please consider savegames.
Hope you will upgrade the game! :)
thanks for feedback! The game was done for a school project and only some more minor things will be changed, before we stop developing it :( . Saving the game is in the works and hopefully will be ready soon. We know about the bugs, and will surely fix 1 and 2, but not sure about 3. If you want you can check the source code here: github.com/GytisDev/Game . Thanks for trying it out!
Hi there, looks interesting but maybe let people know it's a Windows only download. ;-) On that note, any chance of a Mac build?